Professional Experience (3 of 4)

Manager
Midtown Tanning Salon - Baltimore, MD


I was hired as a Retail Sales Clerk, promoting products and selling memberships. Three months into the position I was promoted to Manager of two employees. My main responsibility was supervising and training, and creating spreadsheets for tracking sales and inventory. In addition, I created advertisements and marketing promotions.


Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist
Northwest Hospital Center - Randallstown, MD


My primary responsibility was phlebotomy, performed on seniors, teens, and pediatric patients. However, clients were predominately adult. I collected blood from patients in the emergency room, ICU, CCU, outpatient clinic and patient floors. Most of the samples collected were for pre-admission and post-op testing (sometimes with specific requirements: blood cultures, clotting/bleeding time tests, etc). My laboratory responsibilities required processing units for in-house testing, as well as for sending to reference laboratories. In addition, I collected and processed large quantities of patient information and performed data entry.


Laboratory Technician
American Red Cross - Baltimore, MD


My principal duties were to perform accessioning of blood samples brought into the laboratory by couriers. This task includes coding, aliquoting and storage. I reviewed data and entered results into multiple databases. I maintained Q/A records. Another primary focus was to prepare reagents for the medical technologist, as well as track inventory.


Clinical Research Assistant
Johns Hopkins University, Center for Immunization Research - Baltimore, MD

 
My clinical background began at the Johns Hopkins University. I was hired as a Clerk; within six months I was promoted to Research Technician, and shortly after elevated to Clinical Research Assistant. My primary responsibilities were to coordinate clinical research trials funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). I worked on phase I - vaccine research for influenza/rotavirus (in the form of nose drops). I also contributed to a few pharmaceutical studies, as well as hepatitis and AIDS vaccine research. (Please select the following link to see a detailed description of my specific abilities: Skills. Check out the following links to see the publications from the vaccine research: Flu 1, Flu 2 and Rotavirus)

Next / Previous

 

Contact Information

Paul Eric Kilmon
Phone: 443.739.2518
Email: paerki@hotmail.com

Availability

I am looking for full or part-time employment. I will consider relocating. I am also interested in volunteer work.

Interests

Paul Kilmon: Career Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template (Redesigned by PAERKI)