Clinical Research (Background)

My background in healthcare is very broad, beginning as a Clinical Research Assistant and reaching the level of Project Manager. I have managed multiple research trials, as well as people. My professional experience includes working with academic, government and medical institutions, as well as national private research firms.

My interests in research began at The Johns Hopkins University, assisting in the development of an immunization clinic. I later worked on a National Institutes of Health (NIH) - funded program at the Center for Immunization Research (CIR), coordinating phase I in-patient Influenza trials with a nasal- administered vaccine. I also worked on phase II and III drug studies. I acquired significant knowledge of regulatory procedures while working with multiple IRBs.

My focus on clinical experience and business included positions as a Laboratory Technician, Phlebotomist, and Clinical Assistant, as well as general business and sales/service opportunities, which provided valuable leadership and managerial skills.

While at The Johns Hopkins Bayview Ambulatory Care Laboratory, I began to center my career focus on research, while working on a two-month research grant, developing marketing plans and advertisements, forms and other administrative/clinical materials. I was soon hired by Scirex Corporation as an Office Administrator, where administrative and clinical areas coalesced, leading to an opportunity to join Innovative Medical Research (IMR) as a Senior Clinical Research Coordinator. I began by working on only one research trial, but the position soon grew to include coordination of multiple trials in several different disease areas, as well as management of the clinical research team.

A few years later I joined the International Research Center (IRC) as a Senior Clinical Research Coordinator. Shortly, after I was promoted to Project Manager. I was responsible for multiple projects (Phase I-IV). My main focus was Psychiatric Research.

I have had yearly training on HIPAA, OSHA and GCP guidelines, policies and procedures. I have served as the lead contact on 4 FDA audits and 12 internal sponsor audits, successfully responding to all inquiries.

I am a team player, recognized for superior organizations skills. I have coordinated multiple projects in a variety of different disease areas. I am a creative thinker, dependable with an energetic personality. I am successful at evaluating challenges, formulating solutions and implementing effective change.

 

Contact Information

Paul Eric Kilmon
Phone: 443.739.2518
Email: paerki@hotmail.com

Availability

I am looking for full or part-time employment. I will consider relocating. I am also interested in volunteer work.

Interests

Paul Kilmon: Career Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template (Redesigned by PAERKI)