Professional Experience (2 of 4)

Office Administrator
Scirex Corporation - Cockeysville, MD


As an Office Administrator I worked closely with the site director as an assistant supervisor of the clinical research team, which consisted of 12 employees (nurses, laboratory technicians and phlebotomists). My goal was to share the responsibilities of managing the day-to-day operations of a clinical research organization. Much of my time was spent developing and implementing office systems and procedures, as well coordinating communication between our site and the company headquarters in Austin, Texas. I used Excel to create spreadsheets so that I could track budgets and expenses. Other responsibilities included creating print advertisements for clinical research trials. One of my principal goals was creating standardized documents/forms for collecting research data, which also included graphs and flowcharts to monitor overall progress of the center, and of each employee. I, along with the director, created laboratory reference and policy/procedure manuals. To keep up my clinical skills, I would assist staff in all phases of clinical research trials (recruiting, consenting, transcribing data, creating source documents, phlebotomy, insertion of hep-locks for PK studies, etc.).


Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist
Johns Hopkins Bayview Physicians / AC Laboratory - Baltimore, MD


My primary focus was working as a Laboratory Technician in accessioning, processing specimens for testing, as well as adhering to specific guidelines for preparing samples that were being sent to reference laboratories. I performed simple laboratory test (U/A, RPR, FOBT, etc.). Upon request, I worked as an evening supervisor. Much of my time was spent working with data: processing, editing, reviewing and sharing the results with clients, as well as processing queries. I problem-solved computer software/hardware problems. In addition, I maintained quality control records. As a Phlebotomist I worked in an outpatient blood drawing center collecting samples from seniors, teens and pediatric clients. However, the emphasis was on adults.


Front Desk Manager
St. Paul at Chase Condominium - Baltimore, MD


I was responsible for managing the front desk of a 242-unit condominium tower (216 residential units, with 16 professional offices). I greeted residents and guests, as well as the general public. I monitored 6 surveillance cameras. In addition, I performed clerical duties (typing correspondence, filing and mailings).


Next / Previous

 

Contact Information

Paul Eric Kilmon
Phone: 443.739.2518
Email: paerki@hotmail.com

Availability

I am looking for full or part-time employment. I will consider relocating. I am also interested in volunteer work.

Interests

Paul Kilmon: Career Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template (Redesigned by PAERKI)