Professional Experience (1 of 4)

Programs & Special Events Assistant Manager
Baltimore, MD

Plan, manage and orchestrate programs and special events, including offsite trips and outings, at an upscale 220 unit continuing care retirement community.

Freelancer
Baltimore, MD

Projects include in-office clerical and personal organization, web design and blogging, photography, gardening, pet sitter, house sitter and caregiver.

Research Assistant
Johns Hopkins University, Wilmer Eye Institute - Baltimore, MD

I worked on two research studies. One was to evaluate a virtual bioptic telescope for low vision patients. The study was to see if a new type of head mounted video magnification system could improve the ability of low vision patients to perform their daily activities. The other was a qualitative survey for patients and doctors to complete. We were evaluating the acceptance of virtual telehealth care in a low vision patient population. 


Operations Administrator
Concerted Care Group - Baltimore, MD

Implementation and management of administrative systems, procedures and policies for start-up behavioral health clinic focusing on addictions. Personnel duties include recruitment, onboarding, management of employee documentation, bi-weekly administration of payroll, and assisting with licensure, PPD testing, drug screenings and annual evaluations for staff of 65, including contractor and temporary employees. Other operations duties include management of equipment inventories, service contracts and warranties, as well as budgeting, ordering office and medical supplies, accounts payable and invoicing for all outside vendors. Reporting to and assisting Clinic and Business Operations Directors to resolve issues that impact employees, such as work flow, productivity, quality and customer service standards. Successful in analyzing and making recommendations for improved operating practices, internal communications, record keeping systems and making cost reductions. 

Freelancer
Baltimore, MD

Projects include in-office clerical and personal organization, web design and blogging, photography, gardening, pet sitter, house sitter and caregiver.

Project Manager / CRC
International Research Center - Towson, MD


I was hired as a Senior Clinical Research Coordinator, and promoted to Project Manager after one year. I was responsible for the coordination of several trials; phase I-IV in the areas of Psychiatry (Schizophrenia & Bipolar Disorder in adults and adolescents), Neurology (Alzheimer’s & Dementia), as well as two trials for Hypertension and one for Osteoarthritis of the knee. As a coordinator I performed all required study related procedures beginning with site selection, to the initiation visit, to the visit-to-visit care of each patient/volunteer (consenting, obtaining medical histories, phlebotomy, etc.), and finally trial closeout, which included post query resolution. As a Project Manager, I supervised, educated and followed up with staff on compliance, regulatory and quality assurance directives. My principal focus was quality data management. I set the precedent for internal audits (performing random inspections of charts, drug, etc.) of all staff coordinating trials, and I was lead contact for sponsor-related audits, as well as those conducted by the FDA. I managed a newly opened clinical research unit for 5 months prior to my departure. I exceeded my goals and achieved a high level of quality as demonstrated by my strong organizational skills and my yearly evaluations. (Please select the following link to see a detailed description of my specific abilities: Skills)

Freelancer
Baltimore, AZ

Projects include in-office clerical and personal organization, web design and blogging, photography, gardening, pet sitter, house sitter and caregiver.
 
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator
Innovative Medical Research / an Advance PCS Company - Towson, MD


I began my employment as a Clinical Research Coordinator and was promoted to Senior Coordinator after 16 months. My primary focus was supervising multiple trials for Hypertension, Diabetes (Neuropathy), Mild Cognitive Impairment, Headache (Menstrual, Tension & Migraine), and Vaccine Research. I fulfilled all the roles and responsibilities required by a CRC, beginning with the site initiation visit, to the visit-to-visit care of each patient/volunteer (consenting, obtaining medical histories, phlebotomy, etc.), and finally the closeout visit, which included post query resolution. I was the primary contact for all in-house audits conducted by the sponsor and those initiated by the FDA. We had a call center that performed recruitment. However, after this area of the company was closed, I created and edited recruitment scripts. In addition, I performed in-house monitoring prior to the CRA visiting the site. I was responsible for training new staff, which resulted in my developing a time management tool to track employee performance. I traveled to most investigator meetings to allow me to fully educate and train staff on all aspects of each study. IMR closed its offices, and I was asked to stay on board to manage site activities, which included seeing the remaining patients/volunteer for their visits. I was also responsible for archiving all past/current study documents (CRFs, regulatory documents, etc.) for greater than 100 studies. (Please select the following link to see a detailed description of my specific abilities: Skills)

Next / Home
 

Contact Information

Paul Eric Kilmon
Phone: 443.739.2518
Email: paerki@hotmail.com

Availability

I am looking for full or part-time employment. I will consider relocating. I am also interested in volunteer work.

Interests

Paul Kilmon: Career Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template (Redesigned by PAERKI)