Re-entering The Workforce

To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently looking to re-enter the workforce after a one year sabbatical. Prior to this I was employed by The Johns Hopkins University, working at the Wilmer Eye Institute as a Research Assistant. (This was a two year contractual position – Jan 2019 to February 2021, where my primary objectives were Recruitment, Data Collection and Patient Retention.)

I was the sole data collector on a research trial designed to determine if a new type of head mounted video magnification system could improve the ability of low vision patients to perform their daily activities. (I created my own tracking tools and calendars using Excel, as there were multiple patient visits and questionnaires. Because of the pandemic, I was required to work from home for five months, communicating with patients via phone and video communication apps – primarily Zoom.)

In addition to this initial project, I was asked to work on a second study, a qualitative survey for patients and doctors. We were evaluating the acceptance of virtual telehealth care in a low vision patient population. (I was the sole data collector. Questionnaires were completed by phone and video communication apps – primarily Zoom.)

As I search for new employment, I find myself looking at a variety of jobs. I have parlayed clinical research into a career, beginning this exciting adventure as a Clinical Research Assistant at the Johns Hopkins University, Center for Immunization Research, ultimately becoming a Senior Clinical Research Coordinator at Innovative Medical Research and finally a Project Manager at the International Research Center. However, I am seriously looking at ALL opportunities. At this juncture of my life, it is important for me to work with a company that cares about its employees by providing a positive work environment.

The following positions appeal to me:

1.  Administrative Assistant / Clerk: Supporting organizations who need quality clerical support.

2.  Clinical Research: Working as an assistant for a team of CRCs – Consenting patients, administering questionnaires, data entry, creating source documents, laboratory and any other day-to-day administrative, clinical and technical tasks that need to be done efficiently and accurately to assist in regulatory compliance. (In my experience, depending on the number of projects, it was helpful having someone on the team focused on those intrinsic tasks that are critical to the project.)

My former supervisors and references will tell you; I am a dedicated hard worker and very much a team player. I get the job done!

I hope you will spend a few moments reviewing my resume to see how I may best fit within your organization. I have a diverse work history that can be helpful to anyone in need of a quality employee.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind Regards,

Paul

 

Contact Information

Paul Eric Kilmon
Phone: 443.739.2518
Email: paerki@hotmail.com

Availability

I am looking for full or part-time employment. I will consider relocating. I am also interested in volunteer work.

Interests

Paul Kilmon: Career Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template (Redesigned by PAERKI)