Here I Am (2 of 2)

I’ve always known I was a good person, capable and resilient. I don’t believe I needed this test. Maybe someone else did. I have worked in healthcare most of my life, and I have always believed myself to be a great caregiver, nurturing coworker and a strong advocate for those less fortunate, especially those challenged by disease. However, I believe I am even more so now. No one should ever be sick, but I do believe there are some in healthcare (doctors, nurses and others) who need to see how the other half lives, so that they can appreciate their own life and lives of the people they are trying to make better. Many of us have a habit of getting caught up in life without taking time out to breathe and chill. I’m here to tell you to do both, because the consequences can be deadly.

During this past year, as I've avoided gluten and become more aware of everything I eat, I’ve been getting back to the business of my life and looking at the new possibilities that are on the horizon. I do as I’ve always done, taking care of my mind, body and spirit through appropriate foods and daily regimen of exercise. I attend lectures at the local universities, volunteer and commit to my many hobbies and interests that really do keep the total me in perfect balance.


However, the one thing missing that I gain so much energy from is work. After what I’ve been through, it’s almost impossible to tell you how much I am looking forward to returning to a job. That sense of accomplishment, team spirit, even those ups and downs, and making it all work in the end are exciting to me and always have been.


Unlike most people, I am not limiting myself to any particular area or job of interest. I am looking for positions that speak to me, which I hope will allow for some creativity and growth. I’ve attached myself to the motto “no job is too small,” and I’m going to stay with that. I am open to all possibilities, which might mean going back into my area of expertise – clinical research or a related healthcare field -- or maybe trying an entry-level position in a totally new area. With this troubled economy, any job is looking pretty good to me – LOL (but totally serious).


I am also looking into going back to school. However, it would be nice to have a job to do this, especially one where my employer can help supplement this endeavor. I’m also considering freelance work or temporary assignments, where an employer and I can try each other on for size, to see if this partnership works for both sides. I was recently thinking, it would be nice to find a few companies in other states who need temporary employees, that are looking to provide travel, housing and wages for brief assignments. That would be cool, and of course a win/win situation for me and the employer. The possibilities are endless...


So here I am, another unemployed person attempting to sell myself, and if you have any interest, please, contact me via email: paerki@aim.com or by phone: 443.739.2518. I look forward to hearing from you.


In closing, I’m a healthy, active person who is ready to work again. I took an unplanned detour to discovery, which became one of the most horrific challenges of my life, but I made it through, and know that if you have a monkey on your back you can do the same. Just like the organization, creativity and ingenuity I’ve applied to all of my jobs in the past, I applied this to my personal challenge. My tried and tested abilities worked for me before, and will certainly work for me in the future. Here’s to the many, who are like me, taking it one day at a time and never giving up, eager for the next chapter to begin.

 

Contact Information

Paul Eric Kilmon
Phone: 443.739.2518
Email: paerki@hotmail.com

Availability

I am looking for full or part-time employment. I will consider relocating. I am also interested in volunteer work.

Interests

Paul Kilmon: Career Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template (Redesigned by PAERKI)